1) Very less people know that even Lord Krishna played Game of dice with Shakuni. Also won the game even without rolling the dice against Shakuni(one of my favourite episode of Mahabharata)
2) Nakul and Sahadev were sons of Ashwini kumars(god of health and medicines). They were experts in Ayurveda, would make divine medicines and recover their wounded Army in the war.
3) Along with Arjuna, Sanjaya(Dhritrashtra’s advisor and charioteer) also witnessed the Krishna gyan of Bhagwad Gita as Sanjaya had got spiritual eyesight from Veda Vyasa to witness the happenings in war field while staying in hastinapur.
4) Lord Krishna gave eyesight for a very short period of time to Dhritarashtra who was born blind, but Dhritrashtra himself requested Lord Krishna to take back his eyesight.
5) The dice of shakuni were made out of his father’s bones, and would always obey his commands. One of the prime reason for the war.
6) Gandhari who vowed and covered her eyes with cloth post her marriage with Dhritarashtra to experience his darkness, broke her vow and uncovered her eyes once during the end of war.
7) Ashwathama(Son of Dronacharya) is one among the 7 Chiranjeevis (immortal) on earth.He was cursed by Lord Krishna at the end of war to be immortal.
8) Pitamaha Bheeshma’s real name was Devavrata(Son of Shantanu and Ganga). He got his name due to his bhishamna pratigya (‘fierce oath’)
Pitamah Bheeshma was blessed with a boon from his father because of this oath, which enabled him to decide the moment of his death.
9) In Mahabharata , Arjuna was the only warrior to posses Pashupatastra which is the most destructive, powerful, irresistible weapon mentioned in the Hindu mythology. Arjuna obtained Pashupatastra from Lord Shiva.
10) Arjuna had total of 4 wifes including Subadra and Draupadi. Ulupi and Chitrangada were two other wifes of Arjuna.
11) Along with Lord Krishna and Draupadi,Dhritrashtra and Gandhari also knew the outcome of the war before it began.
12) Draupadi was daughter of King Drupad who was king of Panchal, hence she is also known as Panchali. She was born from fire and never witnessed her childhood.
13) Duryodhana was trained by Lord Balarama(brother of Lord Krishna) in mace fighting(Gada yuddha). Lord Balarama himself mentioned Duryodhana as best mace fighter in the world.
14) Bhima was considered to have the physical strength of 10,000 elephants approximately. He killed all the 100 kauravas which he promised.
15) Karna known as daanveer(daan-donation, Veer – Brave). He donated his kavach(Armour) and kundal to Indra(father of Arjuna). And he was blessed by Indra with Divyastra which was so deadly that once invoked while chanting name of enemy would kill that person. This was used to kill Ghatothkach.
Image courtesy : Nisachar – Professional, General Artist | DeviantArt