1. Nalanda University possessed imposing and large buildings with spacious halls, classrooms, and residences. A number of the buildings were several storied high ‘touching the clouds with their towers’. One among the libraries was of nine storied.
2. It had been throughout the time of King Harsha that the good University of Nalanda reached the top of its glory. Based in 5th century A.D. by a later Gupta emperor, it came to be the foremost prestigious center of learning within the whole of Asia throughout the age of Harsha. The Chinese soul Hiuen Tsang left vivid accounts of this University. Unique historical sources additionally ask its eminence. The prodigious ruins of Nalanda are objects of surprise even for men of nowadays.
3. The golden era of Nalanda was within the 6th and seventh centuries. It bit by bit lost its prominence later. Within the 11th century, King Mahipala did some construction works. However, the university was ultimately destroyed by Bakhtiyar Khilji, the military head of Qutub din Ibek, in 1193. He set hearth to the grand library of the university, resulting in a loss of rare and valuable information.
4. The excellence of Nalanda University continuing to thrive for several centuries once Harsha as a lightweight of learning for India and outdoors.
5. Nalanda University was an ancient centre of learning in India, and among the first great universities in recorded history, predating such institutions of higher learning like Al-Azhar in Egypt (10 th century AD), the University of Bologna in Italy (11 th century AD), and Oxford
6. University in a European country (12th century AD). it had been additionally the primary ever residential university within the world, holding capability for thousands of scholars to remain on the field in dorms.
Incredibly, Nalanda University was based as early because of the 5th century AD within the northeastern Indian state of Bihar. Throughout its period of time, Nalanda may boast of its capability to accommodate 10,000 students and 2,000 professors, and also the dormitories provided by Nalanda University are believed to possess been the primary of its kind. The complicated additionally enclosed lecture halls, meditation halls, libraries, monasteries, hostels, chetiyas, temples, lakes, and parks.
7. The new venture is supposed to be a revival of Nalanda Mahavihara, the oldest university within the world,that began within the early fifth century. By the time the primary European university was established in Bologna in 1088, Nalanda had been providing education to thousands of scholars from Asian countries for over 600 years.
8. The initial university at Nalanda has surpassed a Buddhist foundation in what was then the prosperous region of Bihar—the original center of the Buddhist faith, culture, and enlightenment. Its capital was Pataliputra (now referred to as Patna), that additionally served, starting within the third century B.C., because of the capital of the first all-India empires for over one thousand years. Nalanda player students not solely from all over India, however additionally from China, Japan, Korea, Sumatra, and different Asian lands with Buddhist connections, and a number of from elsewhere, together with Turkey. it had been the sole establishment of upper learning outside China to that any Chinese within the ancient world ever went for education.
9. The great news is that there are plans to revive it from a few years and presently the university is in action with 2 departments. It all started once our former president late Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam visited the ruins of Nalanda University throughout his tenure and mooted the thought of restorative the university with identical glory and standards of the traditional seat of learning to the central government and also the proposal got approved. Presently, Nalanda University features an unfueled field and may be a supply of energy for the neighboring villages.
10. As an establishment of upper learning, wherever the entry qualifications were high, Nalanda was supported by a network of different academic organizations that provided data concerning Nalanda and additionally helped to arrange students for finding out there. Among the Chinese students was the well-known Yi Jing (635–713 AD), who studied in Nalanda for 10 years, and wrote what was maybe the primary comparative study of various medical systems, examination Chinese and Indian medical practices. Before returning to India, he went initial to Sumatra (then the base of the Buddhist Srivijaya Empire and currently a locality of Indonesia) to be told Indic. By the seventh century, there have been four different universities in Bihar drawing on Buddhism, all, for the most part, galvanized by Nalanda. They worked together, although by the tenth century one among them—Vikramshila—emerged as a heavy rival to Nalanda in education.
Written By: Suraj Srivastava
Like Us: https://facebook.com/knowtifyIN/